General Terms and Conditions:-
This Policy shall apply to any Wise Ortho website including any subdomains that may be made available by us from time to time; including websites with the ending ‘.wiseortho.com’; and all Wise Ortho social media channels (“Website(s)”):
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
The Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible
Your personal data
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
• Audio / Visual Data includes recordings from closed circuit televisions systems in place for security purposes at our premises, telephone recordings (for monitoring and training purposes) where you call any of our student advice teams, recordings (including video, audio and text) where any lecture, seminar, webinar or other interactive teaching session is recorded; video recordings from recorded exams/assessments (including mock exams/assessments); and any video recordings from any recorded interviews .
• Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, postal address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Eligibility Data includes education/academic history, records of qualifications and/or training, personal statements and
references. For international students this may also include copies of bank statements or other financial information to ensure
• Employment Data (this is relevant where your place on a course or programme is sponsored by your employer/future employer) includes name of employer, job title, work contact details (email address, telephone number and postal address), National Insurance number and employment start and end dates.
• Financial Data includes bank account, billing information, payment card details and information from any student loan
• Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, student reference number, usernames for Wise Ortho sites (including for Wise Ortho e-commerce sites, wise ortho’s Virtual Learning Environment, wise ortho’s CareerHub, wise ortho’s Student Association, Athena) or similar
identifier (including any student registration number assigned to you by an external body who shares information with us such as ACCA/CIMA, UCAS/LawCabs/BarSAS, SRA/BSB), marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
• Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
• Next of Kin Data includes the name and contact information of a friend or relative to be used in the event of an emergency
• Profile Data includes your usernames and passwords (for wise ortho platforms), purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback, survey responses and enquiries submitted to wise ortho.
• Recruitment Data includes any information you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae, any covering letter, any application form (including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, qualifications and reasons for wanting to apply for the relevant position) and any information you provide to us during an interview.
• Student Data includes the course or program you are studying with wise ortho, your years of study, records of achievements on the course or program (exam, assessment and mock results), exam scripts, exam transcripts, attendance and progress information, feedback from lecturers or personal tutors (including student references), emails sent by you to wise ortho, emails sent/received by you to or from your wise ortho applied email address or messages posted on wise ortho’s teaching blocks, information relating to your use of wise ortho’s
library and library resources (including materials checked out and overdue items), information relating to your involvement in wise ortho’s student association (including membership of student groups or attendance of student events), information relating to your involvement in wise ortho’s mentoring or entrepreneurship schemes, information relating to your involvement in wise ortho’s alumni network, information relating to your registration for or attendance at any wise ortho hosted/advertised events, information relating to your use of or involvement with wise ortho’s CareerHub, information relating to allegations of academic misconduct or other matters of discipline, information relating to any application for mitigating circumstances, any application for deferrals or interruption of studies and any complaints made by you or about you to wise ortho.
• Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
• Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
• Usage Data includes information about your visit to a Website, including the Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Websites (including date and time), products and/or services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, lengths of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouseovers) and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer services numbers.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
Special Categories of Personal Data.
The law requires that “special categories” of particularly sensitive personal information require higher levels of protection than other personal data.
In some circumstances we may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information:
• Information about your race or ethnicity – this information is collected for equality and diversity monitoring purposes. We also collect this information on behalf of the Education and Skills Funding Agency (in relation to apprenticeship students) and the Higher Education Statistics Agency in respect of wise ortho program. This information is voluntary.
• Information about your gender identity – this information is collected in respect of apprenticeship students and wise ortho.
students for equality and diversity monitoring purposes. We also collect this information on behalf of the Higher Education Statistics Agency.
• Information about your sexual orientation - this information is collected in respect of apprenticeship students and wise ortho students for equality and diversity monitoring purposes. We also collect this information on behalf of the Higher
Education Statistics Agency.
• Information about your religious beliefs - this information is collected in respect of apprenticeship students and wise ortho program students for equality and diversity monitoring purposes. We also collect this information on behalf of the Higher Education Statistics Agency.
• Information about any disabilities or learning needs – this information is collected so that any reasonable adjustments can be made to accommodate students with disabilities (for example large print learning materials or exam papers) and also to ensure that any learning needs are supported (for example extra time in assignments). This information is voluntary.
• Medical information – this information may be collected where a medical issue is having an impact on your studies with wise ortho program (for example, you may have a prolonged period of absence; or you make an application for an interruption of studies where an illness is preventing you from studying; or where a medical issue has affected your performance in an assignment, you may make an application for mitigating circumstances). It may also include dietary requirements where you are attending a catered wise ortho event (this information may be provided to wise ortho via third parties such as Eventbrite). This information is voluntary.
• Information about criminal convictions and offences – this information will be collected where it is a legal requirement of the course or program applied for. You will be informed if the course or program you are applying for requires a criminal records check and be given the chance to withdraw your application should you not agree to such a check being undertaken.
In addition, we will also ask you to provide confirmation of whether you have any unspent criminal convictions as part of the application process. Any declaration will not be an automatic bar to your application but wise ortho will have to evaluate the details of such conviction for two reasons. Firstly, to ensure there is no threat to the safety of other students and staff at wise ortho and secondly to advise whether your conviction is likely to bar you from your chosen profession.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to enrol you onto a relevant course or program or provide goods or services to you). In this case, we may have to withdraw your application or cancel/restrict a product or Service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
• Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact, Eligibility, Employment, Financial and Marketing and Communications Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
a. apply for a course or program;
b. submit an online query or request a call back;
c. purchase goods or Services from us;
d. speak with one of our student advice or admissions teams;
e. speak with one of our client or supplier services teams;
f. create an account on our Website;
g. subscribe to a service or publication;
h. subscribe, register, take part in or view any wise ortho webinar;
i. request marketing to be sent to you;
j. enter a competition, promotion or complete a survey; or
k. give us feedback.
• Through your Studies. You may give us your Student Data throughout your time on a course or program. This includes personal data you provide when you:
a. attend lectures, seminars, webinars or other learning sessions;
b. submit work for assessment;
c. take exams or other forms of assessment;
d. submit any applications relating to your studies (for example mitigating circumstances applications);
e. raise any issues or questions with your lecturer / personal tutor; or
f. contact one of our student advice teams for support.
• Third parties. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
• Contact, Eligibility, Employment and Identify Data from your employer where your employer/future employer is sponsoring your place on a wise ortho course or programme (including apprenticeships and traineeships);
• Contact, Eligibility and Identify Data from third party education applications providers (including UCAS, LawCabs, BarSAS etc.);
• Contact, Eligibility and Identify Data from third party apprenticeship/traineeship recruiters (including Get My First Job, Job Train,
the Princes Trust, Career Connect and Talent Match) ;
• Identity, Contact, Eligibility, Transactional and Student Data from any external awarding bodies which you may be registered with in order to complete the course or programme you are studying with wise ortho (including ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, ICAS etc.);
• Identity and Student Data from any third party assessment/examination centre or external exam marker or invigilator
(for example where you request to sit a wise ortho exam abroad; or your course or program requires an external assessment organisation to provide your final examination/assessment; or any organisations which review assessment submissions for plagiarism such as Turnitin) ;
• Contact, Identity, Marketing and Communications, Profile, Recruitment, Student, Technical and Usage Data from any third party portals which are used to provide you with student services, such as the student association (MSL Membership Solutions), student advice (AdvicePro), careers service (CareerHub), sports clubs (British Universities & Colleges Sport) and timetabling (Scientia) ;
• Student Data from any freelance tutor or external presenter engaged by wise ortho who has delivered teaching to you as part of your course or program. This includes Gmetrix for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Programme;
• Student Data and Identity Data from any other education provider with whom wise ortho has subcontracted any element of the teaching of your course or programme (particularly relevant to apprenticeships) ;
• Contact, Eligibility and Identity Data from overseas agents, engaged by wise ortho who assist overseas students in submitting applications for courses or programmes to wise ortho;
• Identity and Student Data from any third party assessment/exam portal provider, such as Questionmark;
• Identity, Contact and Student Data from any third party survey organisation or portal provider, such as SurveyMonkey
• Data relating to criminal convictions and offences from the Disclosure and Barring Service (and any umbrella body company used to access DBS checks);
• Data relating to any legal complaint or dispute you may have or be involved with from a solicitor acting on your behalf or the Office of the Independent Adjudicator;
• Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google, Sessioncam, Hotjar and Optimizely; advertising networks; and search information providers;
• Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from any third party student loan providers including The Student Loans Company, States of Guernsey, States of Jersey and Future Finance; and
• Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery/courier services (where you order
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply email us back within 2 days on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll refund the full cost of the item.
Wise Ortho program respects your privacy. Personal information that you provide to the Wise Ortho program is collected pursuant to section 2(14) of the University of New York Act, 1971. It is collected for the purpose of administering admissions, registration, academic programs, Wise Ortho program-related student activities, activities of student societies, safety, financial assistance and awards, graduation and Wise Ortho program advancement, and reporting to government. The Wise Ortho program is also required to report student-level enrolment-related data to the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities as a condition of its receipt of operating grant funding. The Ministry collects this enrolment data, which includes limited personal information such as Ontario Education Numbers, student characteristics and educational outcomes, in order to administer government postsecondary funding, policies and programs, including planning, evaluation and monitoring activities. At all times it will be protected in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have questions, please contact the Wise Ortho program Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Coordinator at email@example.com .
Wise Ortho program Seminars maintains a directory that contains information provided to us by our customers via our website, and various other means. This directory is maintained internally as strictly confidential and is never provided, or sold to, outside companies.Wise Ortho program Seminars reserves the right to disclose contact information if requested by federal, state, or local authorities as deemed appropriate; or as needed to remain compliant with accrediting agencies. In addition, Wise Ortho program Seminars, and its continuing education partners may use this directory to alert you to new information, products and services, events and other opportunities we think you might find interesting.
Links to Other Sites – A Disclaimer
When you follow a link to one of these Web sites neither Wise Ortho program, Inc., nor any agency, officer, or employee of Wise Ortho program warrants the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information published by these external sites, nor endorses any content, viewpoints, products, or services linked from these systems, and cannot be held liable for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of their information. Portions of such information may be incorrect or not up-to date. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained from these systems does so at his or her own risk.
Information Collected When You Just Browse
If you do nothing during your visit to this Web site but browse or download information, we automatically collect and store the standard data collected by all web server software. That information is as follows:
The Internet Protocol (IP) address and domain name used (but not the e-mail address). The IP address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer. We use the Internet IP to respond to your browser request. Example: 184.108.40.206; The domain name server (DNS) assigned on the Internet to your IP Address (if there is one). Example: somename.com;
The type of browser and operating system you used. Example: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows NT; IE4WDUS-1998101501);
The date and time you visited this Web site ;
The web pages or services you accessed at this Web site; and
The Web page you visited prior to coming to this Web site including any keyword search terms. (Note: this is included so that summary analysis can be done on how visitors get to our site, i.e., from a search engine, from a link on another Web site, etc.)
We do not track individual user navigation choices. We do, however, summarize the information listed above to determine:
What organizations are our most frequent users to better target our content for the audience.
What browsers are being used on our site to determine what techniques we can use to develop pages that will work with different browsers (item 2 above).
How often our pages are being used (item 4 above).
The traffic that other Web sites such as search engines direct to our Web site in order to determine which content and search terms are most effective. (item 4 above)
For Web site security purposes, and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this Web site may monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. If security monitoring reveals evidence of possible abuse or criminal activity, system personnel may provide the results of such monitoring to appropriate officials. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations no attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the state law and federal statutes including the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act of 1996.
Collection of Information
Wise Ortho program does not collect personally identifiable information about visitors except when visitors specifically provide such information on a voluntary basis. For example, such personally identifiable information may be gathered from the registration process for subscription sites or services and in connection with content submissions, community postings (e.g., chat and bulletin boards), suggestions, and transactional areas. Such information may be used by Wise Ortho program for the following purposes: contacting a subscriber regarding account status, changes to the subscriber agreement, special discounts, promotions, products offered and other matters relevant to the underlying service and/or the information collected.
Wise Ortho program values opinions and comments from visitors, so we occasionally conduct online surveys. These surveys are entirely optional for all visitors. Most frequently, the information is aggregated and used to make improvements to Wise Ortho program Web sites and to develop appealing content, features and promotions for visitors. Survey participants are anonymous unless otherwise stated in the survey. Wise Ortho program reserves the right to perform statistical analyses of visitors’ behavior and characteristics.
CANCELLATION POLICY AND MISSED SESSIONS:
Cancellations not submitted via our online registration system must be received in writing 7 days prior to the course commencement date to receive a full refund. After the 7-day cut-off, 10% of the entire amount owed will be refunded. Refunds will not be granted where cancellation notice is received less than 7 days prior to the course commencement date. The total amount owed will be collected regardless of any missed sessions. At the sole discretion of Wise Ortho program Provider, alternate courses may be substituted without penalty for Participants canceling with documentation of extenuating circumstances.
Wise Ortho program Provider reserves the right to alter course materials, venues, substitute instructors, and / or modify course schedule and curriculum as needed to ensure continuity of the Wise Ortho program program. Wise Ortho program Provider is not liable for any out of pocket expenses borne by Participant. If unable to attend any Session(s), please notify Wise Ortho program Provider toll free at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Missed course(s) must be made-up within 1 year of the missed date.